Wednesday 26 October 2011

Shower matters (I wonder if this post manages to be apolitical)

There are small things in life that seem inappropriate at first to blog about. The intimacy of your private shower for instance seems as such and once again I am led to believe this derives from some false sense of decency, which concepts probably stem from a cultural heritage of bigotry.

Putting this away I feel more free if silly a bit writing about showering with kids. There is an age limit of course for showering together which, having put that heritage aside, does come from the practicality of space. With toddlers it is still fairly easy to fit under the shower. A supportive argument for showering with your toddler is time management as far as I am concerned. With babies it slows the process down, older ones are more autonomous so it does not take up so much time to send them shower.

There was a time when I shared showers with Liliom and now it is time for Ernest. So far it seems that this blogpost is rather boring and pointless. I know but I will come to a punhcline eventually. I promise, and it will be a rather spiritual one.

Kids love playing with water and they don’t stop loving so when showering. We have several vessels for filling up and tipping out and so on in our shower just for Liliom’s and Ernest’s entertainment. Of course they look for most effective ways to quickly fill them with water before tipping them out. Both my children have developed the same strategy. Most conveniently there is a certain way water runs down from one’s upper buddy, especially if one is a male. Of course I move around but Ernest is quick to push me back to my place in order to exploit me as a water tap. Liliom used to do the same.

I believe that all children would come to the same utilisation of human body when it comes to collecting water effectively in the shower. It is most amazing to imagine that this is an experience all men who ever took showers with their little children share. Wherever we are on this globe very possible that we all had the experience of children collecting water running down our penis…

No comments:

Post a Comment